Posts Tagged ‘business’
Venue finding is a lengthy process taking anything upto 4 months to secure a basic function room locally. This is because venues and function rooms can be booked for upto 24 months in advance for Corporate/Business Events or Private Parties and Celebrations, so ensure you allow lots of time just for the venue search alone – as extra time is needed to track down event suppliers as well.
When party planning for instance, it took me 4 months to source a basic pub function room, with the never-ending enquires checking availability, being fobbed off by inexperienced staff, the pub manager not being available, venues being over budget or just not the right theme or capacity – this cannot be avoided and is part of what you must endure when hunting for venues.
I suggest these tips when venue hunting:
1. Start with a list of at least 30 venues (many will be booked up during popular periods eg: April, June, July and December).
2. Search for the Venue first – it’s the most important thing when event planning!
3. Do consider the time involved for booking any Event supplies you may need eg: DJ, Caterers, Restaurant etc.
4. Public House venues usually ‘open up’ the bar, so an additional drinks service isn’t needed. Some know local suppliers such as Djs, and can arrange this for you, others can supply a buffet, and furniture etc. Do check for any extra costs when being offered local services arranged by the venue.
5. Try and get a venue that’s local, consider travel time to and from the venue, plus local ones will be cheaper than say the West End of London.
6. Try and source a venue/function room on the ground floor – if possible…..
This article is copyrighted and owned by Chris Given, Founder of Eventdomain.co.uk
The popular events supplier website Eventdomain, was honoured for its success as a Finalist at the London Business Awards in November 2010.
The biz awards are run by Archant London, the UK’s largest individual newspaper publisher. Eventdomain has now been a Finalist twice in a row, which is testament to its ongoing success, as the hospitality company goes from strength to strength.
Eventdomain gets shortlisted for a top National business award. The awards were judged by Darren Fell of Crunch.co.uk, Doug Monro (Coo & Zoopla), Paul Birch (Bebo) and other top entrepreneurs – so Eventdomain being shorlisted as a Finalist means we are undoubtledly worthy of our place and recognised by some of the top business minds in the UK.
Congratulations on being shortlisted for PeoplePerHour’s Virtual Business of the Year Awards 2010!
Eventdomain has recently gained its 10′000th supplier in May. Our latest supplier that advertised on ED, has taken our database to 10′221 companies, which is fantastic news and is perfect timing as we’re about to launch a 2nd search engine and go from being a National directory company to a Worldwide operator and provide even more to clients and searchers.